Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vista criticism in the news

I'm sorry I haven't had time for much more than links lately. The job search is eating up a lot of time. I am working on some new articles though...

In the mean time I've found some articles criticizing Vista recently. Take them for what they are worth.

  • A lot of people have linked to the Register's article: Ballmer bitch slaps Vista. I'm not sure it's as important as everyone makes out. It just tells me that Microsoft is definitely aware of the Vista problems and that they are willing to do something about it. Maybe we will see much needed changes coming to SP2. (But I doubt it. My next article will be a good demonstration of why Microsoft's hands are basically tied.)
  • Softpedia has a rather long and confusing article that makes the point that Vista has a whole host of ways to harvest various pieces of information and transmit it back to the mothership. I felt like I was being asked to put my tin foil hat back on - but I suppose it doesn't hurt to be reminded of what is possible.

No comments: