Sunday, October 21, 2007

Blog: One month anniversary!

It's been one month since I posted my first welcome message - and what a month it has been!

I've managed to exceed my target of 2 posts a week and the readership has been fantastic. Despite having no external links, we are creeping up on 1,000 page views. The google searches that have brought people here are telling me that I am providing some much needed information. I hope to expand on the few articles I have and make this a place worth visiting on a regular basis.

My only regret is that people aren't checking out the advertisers and aren't engaging in discussions. Post a comment! Let me know if you are finding the information you need or if I am missing the mark. Do you know something about Vista that you'd like to share with the rest of the world?

I'm wrapping up my posts about Folder Redirection with two more articles. Later I will write an article on the Encrypting File System (EFS) - I need more information from Microsoft first.
Speaking of Microsoft, this blog has received quite a bit of attention from them. It looks like Microsoft employees from around the world are responsible for about a third of the page views on this blog. I've also received an offer to have Microsoft review some of the articles and provide some feedback - it will be interesting to see where this leads.

My next series of articles will be about a Vista feature getting all of the attention - User Account Control (UAC). I might as well jump on the bandwagon :-) Actually, I've got about 20 UAC articles in me - so that should give me enough posts to get us through to Christmas.

Thanks for reading and making my first month such a success,

Gordon

No comments: